Southwest Electric’s Take Control & Save rebate program is available to members in good standing with the cooperative and all types of services (lake homes, shops, barns, etc.), however, the service must meet a minimum annual usage of more than 6,000 kWh’s to qualify. All rebates are limited to no more than 50 percent of the total cost.
Overview of all rebates:
- Ground-source/geothermal heat pump 19.1 EER (new unit and loop field) - $750 per ton
- Ground-source/geothermal heat pump 19.1 EER (replacement of existing unit) - $200 per ton
- What is a ground-source/geothermal heat pump? Check out this video at Energy.gov.
- Foundation insulation with the installation of a ground-source heat pump - $500 maximum
- Mini-split (ductless) heat pump 17 SEER - $150 per ton
- Dual-fuel heat pump 17 SEER - $150 per ton
- ENERGY STAR® window/room air conditioner - $50 maximum
- ENERGY STAR® heat pump water heater - $500 maximum (only if installed after April 1, 2019)
- Residential energy audit - $500 maximum
- Programmable timer for engine block heater - $15 maximum per timer
- Variable frequency drives for commercial HVAC - $50 maximum per brake horsepower
- Commercial high efficiency motor - click below for rebate amounts
- Business/Commercial Lighting Rebate, click here.