New construction: if you are needing to have a new service built in please contact our Engineering Department at 800-262-0326.
Existing service: to request for an existing service to be transferred or connected simply follow the steps below:
- Click here to fill out and submit an application for service.
- After your application is submitted, a Member Service Representative will contact you at the phone number and/or e-mail you provide to verify all information is accurate and collect the necessary fees*.
To ensure the correct service is transferred/connected, please provide atleast one of the following when applying:
- A meter number (the serial number on the face of the meter)
- A pole location number (the metal tag on the pole)
- The physical/service address.
* Fees which may be required when applying for service:
- $20 set up fee for each meter you are requesting service at.
- $20 connect fee (not applicable if transferring existing service).
- Security deposit, will be determined based on a utility credit check obtained through SWEC’s online utility exchange service along with the electric usage history at the location in which service is being requested.
- $20 auto light installation fee (if applicable).